I’m Balz Rittmeyer, Digital Designer
I like to find appealing and engaging design solutions to make delightful content accessible. This may result in a simple interface, an interactive application, a concise data visualization, or something completely different.
I studied interaction design, worked for a design studio in Berlin, led a web agency in Zurich and finally found my way into visual journalism and data visualization. In addition, I taught Interaction Design for almost four years in Bern.
My tool set reaches from design to code – and I expand it with whatever's necessary. I like building prototypes because I most importantly design for humans and take into account the psychological aspects implied by products and interfaces.
Can I help?
I've had the chance to collect experience in the broad field of interaction design. And I've found my areas of main interest in visual storytelling, data visualization and interface design. To get an idea just refer to my project portfolio.
I most recently worked for a leading Swiss newspaper but decided after almost five years it was time for something new. I want to improve my abilities in product conception and prototyping – and let user testing become a more integral part of my design process.
Besides focussing on journalistic projects, my previous job positions have allowed me to deliver essential design solutions for other products too. I co-developed and constantly improved products – among them a visual style guide and a graphics generator. I strongly believe data visualization and storytelling are underestimated methods for building successful digital products.
That was my pitch! Don't hesitate to get in touch with me , if you think I am a match for your team or you would like to talk about an interesting product/product idea.
- 2016 - 2020: NZZ AG, Zurich (News Interaction Designer/Developer)
- 2016 - 2019: Schule für Gestaltung B:B, Bern (Teacher of Interaction Design)
- 2014 - 2016: Self-employed, Zurich (Interaction Design/Developer)
- 2011 - 2014: mitLinks GmbH, Zurich (Interaction Designer, Partner)
- 2010 - 2011: mitLinks AG, Zurich (Interaction Designer, Employee)
- 2010: ART+COM, Berlin (Design Internship)
- 2009 - 2010: Expoint Solutions AG, Therwil (Interaction Engineer)